Sunday, May 20, 2012

Down on the Farm


     We have a farm in our backyard.  Well, it is actually a couple of blocks away but close enough!  They do a lot of classes and events at the farm.  They made the farm a pioneer farm.  This event was Sundown Supper on the Farm.  In one picture I am milking a cow.  I can milk cows very good since I have practice from Farm Camp.  I did it last summer.  Me and some other kids helped take care of the animals.  At the farm they have chickens, cows, ducks, pigs, and horses.  At Sundown Supper we got to help Farmer Dick with the chores.  Then we helped Miss Monique cook dinner in the farm house.  We made food like Laura Ingalls would eat.  We got to eat our supper outside.  We gave the left overs to the pigs.  There was one piece of ham in the bucket.  Every pig investigated the ham, but they wouldn't eat it.  They ate everything else instead.  It was so hilarious!  I love the farm!  This summer I am doing three weeks of farm camp.  When I am a teenager I can go volunteer there, and I am and I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Good photos, great story. So did you drink the milk you got from the cow? Is that the ham that the pig is sniffing? If it is, I can see why they wouldn't eat it! Your adventures on the farm are very entertaining. You are a good writer, Sydney.

    ReplyDelete